Thursday 7 February 2013

DIVISION MAGAZINE DRAFT

This is my final draft for the front cover of my magazine. Im not too keen of the layout and the photograph as I didn't spend much time on picking out an outfit and perfecting the photography. For my final cover page I will use different font for the tag lines on my page, as I made a mistake by using the same font as my masthead, I should have kept it separate. Next time photography wise I will ensure that the model is up to scratch with the clothes that she is wearing, and making sure that the make-up is appropriate for the type of lighting used. I will use a different lipstick, and maybe some darker eye makeup to fit in with the genre of my magazine. The colour scheme is pretty non existent. I will make sure I have a specific colour palette that will look successful. I will also choose a different positioning for the model, maybe do a quirky pose top get a wider range of audience; such as, loud and quiet magazine and wonderland magazine. However I do really like the font used as the masthead, and it has a sketchy feel and can be made to look recognizable. 



Here is the draft for my contents page. So far I am really happy with it as it looks clean and minimal, and looks really professional. The font is sketchy, with a bold subheadings. The other text is in capitals as I feel this looks aesthetically pleasing as well as being able to be read easily. I like the colour palette of black and white, this way the images that I have taken stand out more, making it the main attention on the page. In my final copy I will use different models, however for this draft I only wanted to get a rough idea as to what it looked like and to see how the layout will look like. The layout of the contents page was inspired by 'Loud and Quiet' magazine, as it is proffessional, and minimalistic.
Here is my double page spread. I am unhappy with the way that this turned out as it looks very rushed and looks like not a lot of time was taken on it. The content of the article isn't up to scratch either, as I need to provide more information to the audience, but also make it seem interesting, however as it is a draft I just wanted to get a feel for how the layout of the page will look like, without spending a lot of time over the content of the article. As of yet I am still unsure as to whether I am going to ask questions to my artist or just write an article explaining all about her work, and her past, present and future. This way I can write more, with it still being an intersting read.

No comments:

Post a Comment