Monday 28 January 2013

Contents Page Analysis



This contents page uses a neutral colour palette of black, grey, tope, and mink. Even the model lying down is wearing neutral clothing and almost blends into the gradient background, however, her legs play a huge part on the page, as it draws our attention towards the title as we follow the model from her eyes all the way to her feet. The graphology is very unique and is set out in a very aesthetically pleasing way, as it is separated out into different layers. This style is extremely consistent throughout the magazine company, so make the magazine memorable just like a front cover page. Another graphology technique that I have analysed is the italic, glamorous font that is used as the subheadings for the contents page. The typography relates back to the style of magazine and genre. The outline of the ‘V’ in the background mimics the models legs, the model is in an abnormal position, as usually models look comfortable and are in a relaxed position. This makes the magazine different and perhaps the magazine wants to portray a different message for the specific audience.


This contents has inspired me to create one like this in my final magazine as it is so similar to the style and genre of my magazine, as it has a neutral colour palette, and I love the main cover image, the blurriness relates back to the magazine title of ‘Dazed & Confused’, the picture looks like a dream and what someone were to see if they were in a daze. The image is extremely unusual which I like, therefore I would like to use an image, the same size, shape and position of the image. As far as graphology goes the layout is rather simple, the rest of the background is white, which makes the page look clean and professional. The writing looks as if it has been cut out from a different piece of paper and stuck on, to create a creative and arty finish. The typography font used is in caps lock, and bold.






This contents cover is extremely different to the others that I have analysed, as it is on a double page spread. The focal image is of a male and female model, fitting in with the indie vibe that the magazine portrays. The graphology is similar to another magazine that I analysed, as the style of ‘cutting out’, It looks extremely effective and I am considering including this effect within my final magazine. The main colour palette that has been used are; red, black, white, yellow and other neutral tones. The font is very creative and arty as well, which looks like a label maker machine. In my previous posts in my blog I have used the label font, as I really like the style and the effect it has on making a page look. I used this font on my ‘X Magazine’ cover, stating ‘Lana Del Ray’.






No comments:

Post a Comment