Thursday 31 January 2013

Possible Fonts

I chose the name 'DIVISION' as it is inspired by 'Joy Division', but can also have different meanings. Such as a division in the music industry between old and new. I feel that DIVISION works well and by testing out some of the possible fonts below I can really have a feel as to what my magazine masthead will look like.


These are some of the fonts that I feel are appropriate for my final magazines. I love the top ones as they are bold, and are perfect for my title page. I feel that the 4th one is perfect for the font on the contents page and other necessary writing on the double page spread. I would like to keep the fonts very consistant throughout the magazine, to keep the the theme of indie/alternative. the second one i love, however I feel that it is really hard to read, and this could be a problem for the front cover. It could be recognisable for the irregular style of the font. All of the fonts I have chosen as I think the fonts will attract a certain type of audience. I might decide to change my fonts as I am making the magazine, in photoshop, for example, a certain font may look wrong or not aesthetically pleasing compared some of the others that I have chosen.



1 comment:

  1. Have a proper look at them on a mocked up page. You'll gain a better idea whether they work or not by doing this.

    ReplyDelete